What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small amount of text that is stored on your browser (such as Chrome from Google or Safari from Apple) when you browse most websites.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, Trojan horse, worm, spam, spyware or pop-up windows.
What information is stored in a cookie?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, photos or personal information, etc. The information stored is technical, statistical, personal preferences, content customisation, etc. The web server does not associate you as a person, but your web browser. This means, if you normally work with the Chrome browser and try to browse the same website with the Firefox browser, you will find that the website does not recognise that you are the same person, as it actually associates the information with the browser and not with you personally.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Technical cookies: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a person or an automated application is surfing; when an anonymous user and when a registered user is surfing; basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information about the way you navigate; the areas you use most frequently; the products you access, the time you use them, the language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They display advertising according to your navigation, country of origin, language, etc.
What are own cookies and those of third parties?
Our own cookies are those generated by the website you are visiting. Third party cookies are those generated by external service providers or providers such as Mailchimp, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses both its own and third-party cookies. This website uses the following cookies, which are explained in more detail below:
Login: With the login cookies you can log in and out of your Marinel-lo @ Partners account.
Personalisation: These cookies help us to remember which persons or websites you have interacted with, so that we can display related content to you.
Preferences: These cookies enable us to save your settings and preferences, such as your preferred language and privacy settings.
Third party cookies
This website uses analysis services, in particular Google Analytics, to analyse the use of the website by the users of the website and to improve the user-friendliness; but in no case are they associated with data that could identify the user itself. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. The user can view the type of cookies used by Google here.
The Social Network Cookies may be stored on your browser while you are browsing through https://www.matp.es, for example, when you use the https://www.matp.es content sharing button on a social network.
- Facebook cookies, see their cookie policies for more information
- Google+ cookies, see their cookie policies for more information
- LinkedIn cookies, see their cookie policies for more information
Can the cookies be deleted?
Yes, and not only delete them, but also block them generally or specifically for a particular area.
To delete cookies from a website, you must search for and delete the cookies associated with that domain in your browser settings.
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Apple Safari
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
More information about cookies
If you wish to have more control over the installation of cookies, you can install programmes or plug-ins in your browser known as “Do Not Track” tools, which allow you to choose which cookies you wish to accept.